How much is CW 9.0 worth?

Bass Master "K"

I have a full version of CW 9.0 that came along with my Aardvark Q-10. It doesn't have a manual (although I assume that like Cubase the main manual is on the disc) but it is a full version that is registerable.

It has never been used before and since I am using Cubase VST/32 and SX I am going to sell it but I can't find prices online since everything is Sonar now. What do you guys think is a fair price to ask?

I appreciate any help you can give me :D

Peace and may the recording force be with you!

Right about now, I'd think its worth absolutely nothing. Sonar 2 is out now after all. Besides, I think it would be illegal for you to sell that (I may be mistaken) since it was a bundled piece of of software.

I was thinking along the same lines. I got my Q10 after I already had Sonar, so PA 9.0 it is just sitting around. I'm pretty sure it would be illegal to sell, but if anyone with more legal knowledge has an opnion I'd like to hear it.

As an alternative, is there anything illegal about giving away software? I'm sure lots of us have old software that is not in use, but that a newbie would love to get his/her hands on. Maybe we could start a "Good Will" thread for used-but-still-functional software. I'd rather my PA 9.0 go to a good home than just sit around at my house.

Bass Master "K" said:
What do you guys think is a fair price to ask?

How bout 50 bucks? Seems fair. It is still a nice program, I think someone who is starting out would like to buy it.

I doubt you would get more than that, considering it has been replaced by the far Superior Sonar (and now Sonar 2, time flies).

Back