How Modern Recordings Are Made

LOL!

See, I don't know if there are people dumb enough to believe this can be done, or if they realize it's so ridiculous that it doesn't happen.

I think there's some of both.

I've been in his shoes, recording some "sucky" musicians. Maybe not quite that bad, but bad enough.

LOL!

See, I don't know if there are people dumb enough to believe this can be done....

Yes, there are.

Maybe not in the manner depicted in the video... :D ...but a lot of non-musician people belive it, and there are many musicians who also belive it....and expect it.
The reality is that (OK, maybe not something as bad as the chick in the video) you CAN polish turds these days.

I know most audio guys would say they don't do it or wouldn't do it....but when there's enough $$$ on the table, many WILL do it.

About 5 years ago, there was a section of the kids programme 'iCarly' in which something like this happened with a sucky singer thatCarly fancied and they did a recent~ish one with this singer called 'Ginger Fox'. They still make me laugh !

About 5 years ago, there was a section of the kids programme 'iCarly' in which something like this happened with a sucky singer thatCarly fancied and they did a recent~ish one with this singer called 'Ginger Fox'. They still make me laugh !

I remember that episode! :D

lolol I saw that on the simpsons once... I think the AE had a single toggle switch that he flipped which did the same thing :D

lolol I saw that on the simpsons once... I think the AE had a single toggle switch that he flipped which did the same thing :D

Yeah, that was the episode where Bart was in a boy band that turned out to be shilling for the Navy. The guy had one of those big levers on his mixing board like you see in stereotypical cockpits or in Star Wars when they fire the Death Star lazer. The board was labeled in big red letters, "STUDIO MAGIC".

Back