how many

i figured out that the number of inputs are the number of effects per channel.
but if you wanted to add the effect on and change the whole clip, would you be able to like in say mixing?

i might not be making sense but in adobe auditioin, if you go to mix view, you can apply effects (vst too) on each track and permanently change it.

thanks

systmovadown said:
i figured out that the number of inputs are the number of effects per channel.
but if you wanted to add the effect on and change the whole clip, would you be able to like in say mixing?

i might not be making sense but in adobe auditioin, if you go to mix view, you can apply effects (vst too) on each track and permanently change it.

thanks
Cubase supports non-destructive editing/effects. If you want to permanently apply an effect, you can export the processed file and re-import it into the project. That way, you can apply additional effects if you've run out of vst slots. However, you can still go back to the original, unprocessed file in your pool if you change your mind.

scrubs said:
Cubase supports non-destructive editing/effects. If you want to permanently apply an effect, you can export the processed file and re-import it into the project. That way, you can apply additional effects if you've run out of vst slots. However, you can still go back to the original, unprocessed file in your pool if you change your mind.

That is good to know. I seldom ever find myself needing more than two insert effects per channel. I always set up a couple of send effects like a drum reverb or a vocal delay for backing vocals. There are many ways of working around the limitations in LE. The way I record, Cubase LE is too much DAW for me. :D

Back