how many tracks???

synergy

Is there anyone with a similar setup that could tell me about how many tracks your getting. Running only 4 tracks I'm getting dropouts. I have plugins running on 3 of the tracks. This is running my CPU at about 26%, but I get dropouts sometimes if I perform some kind of action like clicking on something, etc. Also some clicking noises. I have the latency in sonar at 14.5 ms.
What do most people use for the DMA buffer size in the delta control panel? I've got mine at 64--the lowest it will go.

Here's my setup:

AMD Athlon 800Mhz
Asus A7V mobo
256 megs SDRAM pc133
ati all in wonder pro 128
ethernet card
sb live
delta 66
30 gig 7200rpm hd 3-partitions
win2k sp2
Sonar 1.0.2

My guess is you have your settings too low for your system. 800 Mhz with 256 RAM is adequate for recording, but you are not going to get top performance with low latency settings.

Try raising your buffer size for the Delta and/or raising the # of buffers/buffer size in Sonar and you should see better performance. Remember to reprofile your sound card after making any changes.

Are you running WDM or MME drivers for your Delta? What bit depth/sample rates are you recording at?

yeah i forgot

I'm using the newest WDM drivers for the delta, and I'm recording at 24/44.1. I also have another question. When exporting .wavs in fruity loops, there is a 16bit, 32bit float(.24), and 32bit float(16.8). To import into sonar at 24/44.1, i have to export at 16 bit. Exporting using one of the 32-bit options will not let me import it into sonar.

Back