How many tracks can you actually mix?

BDeetz

Hello there,

Pardon my ingnorance but I no longer have my manual (I lost it when I moved). I run Cubase vst/24 and I dont know how or even if you can 'mix' more then 8 channels. There are 8 channels in the mixer and then group mixers. I would like to mix (individually) 6 tracks of drums, stereo guitar, several keyboard tracks, and so on. Is there any way that you can add on channels in the mixer? or do I have to route track 9 back to mixer channel 1 and lose flexibility.
Can a newer version like 5.0 do this? I know products like cakewalk Pro Audio 9 adds a new mixer channel every time you import a new audio track (up to 128 channel mixer!).

Any help would be appreciated,
BDeetz

yup

hi,

you need to open up cubase, then go to audio and then system. there will be a box saying number of channels. change this! i think it will go up to 96, but you need a very top spec computer to let 96 tracks play in sync. 96 tracks is only good for total audio/video workstations only.

or i plug into the slot 1 motherbaords and my imense bollocks send infinte amounts of power the your system allowing you to track 96 tracks at once. i even have an A/D converter installed in my belly button, and AES/EBU port between my buttocks, and LED displays on my nipples.

what the hell is in this pizza?

Back