How many of you use pitch correction for your own vocals?

Do you use pitch correction on your own vocals?

• I wouldn't touch that shit with a 10-foot pole.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I only use it when absolutely necessary (time constraints, etc.).

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • I use it when needed. It's just a tool like EQ, compression, etc.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Yes Please! I'll take all I can!

Votes: 9 11.1%

• Total voters
So if her live stuff stuff is horrible, then she doesn't use autotune for it, which is what she claims.
never said otherwise ..... but she's not a star because of her live playing ..... she's a star because of her recordings ..... the only reason people go to see her live is because they think she can sing ... which they only think because of the autotuning which has made her sound good on her recordings every step of the way and also on TV appearances most of the time.
Had she not had autotuning for that I doubt she'd have a very big career ..... which is what I said before.

As for the rest ..... I'm not gonna argue and I don't really care about the subject.
But I saw her in a live setting with an acoustic which is basically the ideal for a singer ..... no way it's loud .... just her and her guitar .... and the tonal center is sitting right in her lap ..... she sucked .... which means she's not a good singer.

I'd like to see that. I agree with his distaste for autotune, but I'm calling bullshit on him being able to identify it when it happens.

How can you not like pitch correction and not hear it yourself? Confused.

I think it's easy to hear. What puzzles me and even alarms me is how many people can't hear it. Are certain recording trends like this that have been around so long F-cking people up? Or the word I used before "Acclimated." "desensitized?" Or am I special? I'm not above thinking all my clean living has paid off. Never drank... not even a beer. Never smoked. Never did any drugs. So I'm curious about such things... like how sensual people are after a lifetime of drug/alcohol abuse compared to people who did not use drugs or alcohol... or other factors. You name it I'm interested in how people's perceptions can be so different... and I'm interested in why people get so pissed off when other people can do things they can't. ;)

Plus I'm a sensual person all around, not just hearing. As I've gotten older I realize that more and more... big differences in what other people hear, taste, smell, feel. In fact I think I should have been a cat. I'm too sensual to be a human being... and I like to be petted like way to freaking much. ask any of my old girlfriends. I'm too high maintenance. I wear women the f-ck out and then have to get a new one while the old one recovers enough so we can at least still be friends. We're not all the same when it comes to the senses. But I know other gifted artists that I would guarantee could hear any pitch correction. One I know is a very gifted violinist... nothing gets by her. She's a she, but we're just friends because we would wear each other the hell out!

How can you not like pitch correction and not hear it yourself? Confused.
I didn't say I can't hear it. And when I do hear it, I don't like it. But I'm sure I don't always hear it.

I think it's easy to hear. What puzzles me and even alarms me is how many people can't hear it. Are certain recording trends like this that have been around so long F-cking people up? Or the word I used before "Acclimated." "desensitized?" Or am I special? I'm not above thinking all my clean living has paid off. Never drank... not even a beer. Never smoked. Never did any drugs. So I'm curious about such things... like how sensual people are after a lifetime of drug/alcohol abuse compared to people who did not use drugs or alcohol... or other factors. You name it I'm interested in how people's perceptions can be so different... and I'm interested in why people get so pissed off when other people can do things they can't. ;)

Plus I'm a sensual person all around, not just hearing. As I've gotten older I realize that more and more... big differences in what other people hear, taste, smell, feel. In fact I think I should have been a cat. I'm too sensual to be a human being... and I like to be petted like way to freaking much. ask any of my old girlfriends. I'm too high maintenance. I wear women the f-ck out and then have to get a new one while the old one recovers enough so we can at least still be friends. We're not all the same when it comes to the senses. But I know other gifted artists that I would guarantee could hear any pitch correction. One I know is a very gifted violinist... nothing gets by her. She's a she, but we're just friends because we would wear each other the hell out!

Uh, yeah. Besides all that batshit insanity, I still don't think you can tell every time you hear it. I don't support autotune, I don't condone it, I don't do it, but my ears work too, and I don't claim that I could hear it every time it's used. It has nothing to do with being a cat, fucking women, or any of that other rambling nonsense you just vomited out of your keyboard.

I think this argument is ridiculous when it is made without qualification. Sure you can hear extreme or even moderate uses of autotune. Anyone can. But when the pitch is a few cents off and only gentle correction is applied without affecting the vibrato or other gradual pitch variations, then I defy you to be able to pick it if you didn't know it was done in the first place

I think this argument is ridiculous when it is made without qualification. Sure you can hear extreme or even moderate uses of autotune. Anyone can. But when the pitch is a few cents off and only gentle correction is applied without affecting the vibrato or other gradual pitch variations, then I defy you to be able to pick it if you didn't know it was done in the first place

That's what I'm talking about.

I've pitch corrected my own vocals in spots...and I know my own natural voice very well....so now if I close my eyes and don't see it coming up in the DAW timeline....it's literally impossible to tell there was any pitch correction.
If you do it right, and keep it subtle-n-gentle, just enough to bring the note(s) into their correct pitch zone...and you're not applying broad correction to the whole track....no one....NO ONE....will notice the corrected spots.

Anyone that says that can...should ask to take the Pepsi challenge. :)

she's a star because of her recordings ..... the only reason people go to see her live is because they think she can sing ...

I think it's also the fact that she writes exactly what teenaged girls want to hear (or at least she did when she came out).

I think it's also the fact that she writes exactly what teenaged girls want to hear (or at least she did when she came out).

That has a lot to do with her success. She was a cute, white, vulnerable country girl with teenage feelings and a guitar. The tweens ate that shit up. These days when you got teenage white girls on your side, you win. They will spend every penny of their girl scout cookies and babysitting money on you.

That has a lot to do with her success. She was a cute, white, vulnerable country girl with teenage feelings and a guitar. The tweens ate that shit up. These days when you got teenage white girls on your side, you win. They will spend every penny of their girl scout cookies and babysitting money on you.

Don't forget dad's money. Especially if the parents are divorced, it is that guilt money :)

Don't forget dad's money. Especially if the parents are divorced, it is that guilt money :)

Whatever it is, teenage girls spend the money. Whether it was a calculated move or not, Taylor Swift hit the jackpot by pandering to little white girls.

... pandering to little white girls.

It's something to consider...but then, if you're a guy over the age of 21, you'll probably get arrested. :laughings:

Besides....you would have to wear skinny jeans and have one of those stupid "just woke up" hair styles, and where it's a lot longer on once side of your head than the other.

you would have to wear skinny jeans and have one of those stupid "just woke up" hair styles, and where it's a lot longer on once side of your head than the other.
You mean, like these guys?

Attachments

• 8587800_39cc_1024x2000.jpg
    8587800_39cc_1024x2000.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 64
That's one bad Photoshop job!!! :D

I don't think they had skinny jeans back then...and they wore long hair equally cut, and it was actually pretty groomed most of the time...and it wasn't cut short on the left and real long on the right. :)

You know whats really funny, I record a talent school project about 3 times a year and the young girls sing like they have heavy auto tune on. What I mean is that they think the auto tune sound is what a voice should sound like so thats how they sing.

Alan.

I played with pitch correction for a couple hours on a vocal and realized I could have recorded 17 takes in the same amount of time...

I played with pitch correction for a couple hours on a vocal and realized I could have recorded 17 takes in the same amount of time...

Yes....but would they have been 17 perfect takes...or 17 takes that still needed some pitch correction? ;)

Back