how many minutes of audio will the mr8 128 card hold?

stingray

if i recorded 8 tracks of audio,how many minutes could i get on the 128mb card?about how much is the card and where can i get them?

i record most of my music with sonar.im trying to find an inexpensive way to bring some tracks to back me up in a live setting(baseline,drums,strings etc).i thought about just downloading to an mp3 player & running that through a mixer.what would you do for a little backup?

For your first question, about 3 minutes total with 8 tracks. Fostex really shouldn't market it as an 8-track - it's more of a 4 track with a couple stereo pairs for backing and mix down.

I faced the same issue, looking for a unit to use like you describe live. The best choices for that are the Tascam PS5 and Korg PXR4. The Tascam lets you load and play MIDI files along with your audio, which is convenient. The problems are that the internal tone generator sucks and you can only store a maximum of nine songs per card. The Korg would be great for live use since it's small, can hold 99 songs per card, and the guitar effects are great (and can be attached to each song, so your guitar sound is right there when you change tunes.) Both the Korg and Tascam compress the audio so they fit way more minutes on a card. The MR-8 is more for recording - the audio is way better, but there's no "bell and whistles".

Back