Votes: 707 40.2%
  • 5-8 Variety is the spice of life.

Votes: 628 35.7%
  • 9-12 I'm a serious collector.

Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
I'm showing this thread to my wife. See? I'm not greedy, just keeping up with everybody else. No, I don't have to open a shop.

No, he said guitars. The mandolins, bouzouki, autoharp and thumb pianos don't count. Nor does the stash of necks and bodies under the bed. :D

98' Godin LG (with humbuckers)
01' Larrivee OM09
1970 Epiphone acoustic (kinda like a Texan without the vintage burst finish) I don't have a model # (you can't read it anymore)
97' Fender SRV
Charvel 325CE acoustic (for sale)
I just sold my Takamine...

1970s Ampeg Reverb-rocket
97' Mesa Blue Angel (single channel 4x10)

A bunch of misc. pedals... a lot of them from the 70s (it was a good decade)

To buy list -
Fender American Strat (2 tone maple fret)
Fender Tele 52' reissue
Tacoma Koa PKK40
Breedlove (I don't care which)

and

anything I can get at a good price on ebay:)

(you'd be surprised how much gear you can buy after you quit smoking!!!)

Ok, since this thing is never gonna die, I am compelled to add that 2 months ago I added a Martin D 28 to my list that is posted on the first page of this endless thread....:D ........and it is schweeeet.........gibs

Yeah, the thread that wouldn't die. I'm up to 16 with the purchase of a Taylor XXV-GA. It also is schweeeet!!

I have 5:

Epiphone LP
American Strat
Takamine 12 String acoustic/electric
Ovation 6 string acoustic/electric
GTX (don't know model) electric

Cant say that I like one over the other...just depends on what sound I'm going for..

God Bless!

Let's see....

1. early 90's Washburn acoustic-electric solid-top. Straight neck, natural finish, lots and lots of pic-scratches, stays in tune like a champ, roars like a lion.

2. 1997 Am Standard Strat. Black beauty.

3. Recent Danelectro 12-string. Also black, very cool for a cheapie.

4. Patched-together Mexi strat with custom neck. I am fooling around with slide guitar tunings right now - it's not good enough even to be a backup guitar.

5. Old Washburn 12-string acoustic I just bought off eBay and don't have yet.

6. A borrowed American Fender P-bass. (Doesn't really count cause it's not really mine.)

An obvious gap here is a set-neck, humbucker guitar.... Can't afford a Gibson Les Paul. Hoping to find a deal on a Studio or a custom Ephiphone LP. But I"m open to suggestions!!

Fab

Deal on a Studio LP?

I don't know what you consider a deal, but you can get them new for $850 or less. Which is a deal compared to the $1500 list price.

Yeah, I WISH I had $850 lying around right now....

I know that the only way to get a "Les Paul" sound is to, well, buy a Les Paul. But.... what are solid values in the set-neck-humbucker guitar range? Unfortunately I couldn't spend more than $500 - and I don't think I can get even a used Gibson for that.

Fab

5 Electrics:
Cort CL 1000 LTD (just ordered it from ebay and it should be on it's way here shortly)
Washburn Double Cutaway "unknown model" (was a gift from my uncle)
DeArmond M-65C
Lyon "By Washburn" unknown model (x-mas gift from my grandpa)
Rogue Strat (...I don't know why I included this one :rolleyes: )

2 Acoustics:
Fender (my sister's guitar, but I play it more than she does :D)
Yamaha G-65A (my dad's old guitar)

That's all folks.

-tkr

acidrock said:
I'm one guitar away from sleeping in the garage.:eek:

I hear ya. I was checking this thread thinking a need a new one. At the same time, I was thinking "the committee" would definitely take issue.

1) Gibson 57 RI Goldtop
2)77 Tele..my favorite...customized
3)Hamer Artist Custom
4)Guild X-79
5)USA Strat 01
6)Hagstom Solid Body 12 string

7)Gibson Corvus with the three single coil PU's:p
8)Yamaha Bass
9)Alvarez Classical 1976
10) Legend OM-12 acoustic

and I am looking for a National Delphi.....

One Ibanez S Series. A Washburn Bass. The most guitars I've ever owne at one time is three. I'd sure love to have a good nylon string again though.

pointy stuff...

hehe referring to one of the first posts here...I have a real bad case of GAS...and lately its not just with guitars either, I think surely I will lose my mind if I don't win the lottery...say...tomorrow. I had to reply cause I didn't see any reference to BC Rich hehe.

2 BC Rich Warlocks (one I call Death heehee...its all carved funky, both of these guitars have really nice sound believe it or not, I have comparred the sound to all my friends guitars, and he has Wayyyyyyy too many)
1 El Degas (Black...my first guitar, a real bitch too play too, glad I learned on it thus)
1 classical (bought this less than a year ago now, and it has been played more than any other since)
various others in pieces...

I want ;
1 6 string acoustic
1 12 stringer
1 double necker
1 cello
1 banjo
1 fantasy guitar from hell that never goes out of tune even when I depress the whammy bar through the body and out the other side....

I find it quite entertaining when some chicks come over and stare and say 'wow look at all the guitars...are these yours???'...I feel so gilmourish...

Attachments

• geeeeeeetars.jpg
    geeeeeeetars.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 502
Back