• 5-8 Variety is the spice of life.

Votes: 628 35.7%
  • 9-12 I'm a serious collector.

Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
and cheap crap has it's place.
After 45 years of gigging and hundreds of guitars, some of which could pay for a good retirement if I had them to sell, I've had the best of the best and now I don't care anymore. I'm king of the cheap guitars ..... I love 'em ...... they usually have their own sound and most guitars nowadays can be set up so they'll play decently.
I do have a big dollar custom made git that is my main ax but everything else I have is Guitar Fetish and partscasters and Epis and such.

I have 15 gits ...... and I'd call 3 of them nice gits and the rest are crap.
I like 'em all ................. :)

Gretsch 5120
Gretsch 6120 CGP
Gretsch Hall of Fame Country Gentleman
1989 Gibson Country Gentleman
1992 Les Paul Studio
1983 Fender Strat (USA)
1974 Fender Telecaster Custom (USA)
2 Custom Built Telecasters
Custom Built Acoustic (OM Style)
Gallagher (another custom built) Acoustic

Gibson Les Paul Deluxe(Black-love the mini's) "83
Am STD Tele (Yellow)
"72 Tele Thinline reissue (Natural)(Japanese)
Am Strat Plus (Silverburst)
Blueridge acoustic BR160

and cheap crap has it's place.
After 45 years of gigging and hundreds of guitars, some of which could pay for a good retirement if I had them to sell, I've had the best of the best and now I don't care anymore. I'm king of the cheap guitars ..... I love 'em ...... they usually have their own sound and most guitars nowadays can be set up so they'll play decently.
I do have a big dollar custom made git that is my main ax but everything else I have is Guitar Fetish and partscasters and Epis and such.

I have 15 gits ...... and I'd call 3 of them nice gits and the rest are crap.
I like 'em all ................. :)

If you're the king, then I'm the man who would be king. I'm probably approaching 30 (if you include basses), and I have 2 genuine Fenders in the bunch (one git and one bass). The rest are Epi, Squire, Dano, Agile, and SX. And a couple of cheap Yammie classicals. I could open a store and call it 'The Squire Shop'. Oh, and a couple of upright basses, but I guess we're not counting them.

Somebody stop me!

If you're the king, then I'm the man who would be king. I'm probably approaching 30 (if you include basses), and I have 2 genuine Fenders in the bunch (one git and one bass). The rest are Epi, Squire, Dano, Agile, and SX. And a couple of cheap Yammie classicals. I could open a store and call it 'The Squire Shop'. Oh, and a couple of upright basses, but I guess we're not counting them.

Did it again. This time I finally got a Gibson. But as Gibsons go, it's still a cheapie. LP Studio 60's Tribute w/P-90s. I only got it beacause it had belonged to a friend, who did some finishing work on it. Jury's still out on this one, it might go back. Now, if it had been a 50's Tribute...

Right now I own three guitars and there are at least three more on my wish list.

Ovation Anniversary Model 1157-7, purchased new in 1979
Ovation UKII, purchase used in 1986.
Ovation Classic, purchased new in 1987.

On my wish list is:
Adams 12 string
Gretsch White Falcon
Epiphone Viola Bass

Guitars.jpg

Rickenbacker 330
Les Paul Studio
Xavier XV-JT90
Xavier XV300
Xavier XV620 strung nashville
Squier Strat strung baritone
Squier Ministrat strung "tenor"
Some cheap lefty strat I cant remember the name of
Yamaha acoustic
Ibanez acoustic 6 string
Ibanez acoustic 12 string strung as an octave mandola
Hammer Slammer bass tuned B to D
some Teisco related 70s shortscale bass tuned A to C
A banjo, mandolin, and autoharp all from Rogue
Parts to build a self-sustaining lap steel with a whammy

And I'm pretty much done...
...except that now my 9 year old is interested in playing, so I'm thinking about getting a shortscale offset something for my tenor guitar and give him the mini...and I'd rather have a real longscale baritone, rather than the strat which I can get intonated properly...and I'd like an electric 12, though I can "fake" it with the Nashville tuned tele thing.

I just recently took a pic of my axe's for shits and giggles so I thought I'd share:
a Fender Resonator, a custom assembled Bill O'Caster (the white one with Lollar Black face pups), a Black early 90's upgraded Squier Strat, 1974 stock Blonde Strat, a 2006 red Mexican Strat, a '62 Reissue American Telecaster, a 1980 Ibanez AR50-BK, 1986 Epiphone Firebird 300, 1999 Epiphone G-1275 Double Neck, 1977 Rick 4001 Bass, 1982 G&L SC-2, 1989 Hohner Steinberger, 1984 G&L Rampage, 1989 Gibson Les Paul Custom, 2012? Epiphone DOT (Upgraded), 1992 Bouzuki bought in Greece. On the floor is Mexican Jazz Bass and on the amps is an 2012 Epiphone EJ Jumbo Acoustic. The amps are a 1966 Fender Bassman (the Crate is just a speaker cabinet) a Vox AC4TV8, a 1988 Pignose, a 1970's Kustom 111-L with 4x12 cabinet, a 1961 Fender Princeton and a 1970 Fender Twin Reverb. Left out of the pic are an Acoustic BA-200 amp with 4x10 cab, a 2006 Fender Hot Deluxe, a Line 6 Spider 75 watt Combo and a dulcimer.

View attachment 79170

had most of them for years. The G&L SC-2 is signed by all members of Little Feat, Robert Randolph, Tab Benoit, Eric Lindell, Chris Mule (Honey Island Swamp Band), Aaron Wilkinson (Honey Island Swamp Band), Anders Osbourne, Billy Iuso and was also signed by Martin Barre (Jethro Tull) but wore off years ago when I still played the guitar regularly.

Bill L

Added the Taylor 310ce last week, but subtract the cheapie ESP LTD EC-100 yesterday!

Picked it up 2 years ago for $90 - with a distortion stomp box and a Line 6 port interface for that money. Sold the stompbox for $15, the port for $45, so the guitar cost me $30! :D Put it on ebay Tuesday for $120, got a call, kid offered me $100 cash - didn't even know how to play it when he showed up. For a cheap guitar, it actually played alright, I used it in the Beatles tribute band for the more distorted-guitar songs like Sgt Peppers LHCB and Rain. That band is gone, and I'm sticking to mostly acoustic performance now, and didn't need it for recording. So I still have 8 guitars (+ bass + other stringed instruments).

guits smaller....JPG
Here is an old picture...

I have added a variax from line6 and another classical (neither of which I can record worth a shit...)

nine years later...I have had to sell all of these...except for my bass.................

I wish I still had them all..............

Since this thread is still around - I thought I would post an update. Lately I've been adding bass guitars and other stringed instruments. Once I started to explore slide, open tuning and learning other stringed instruments things really got out of hand - I currently have a total of 36 stringed instruments

Electric Guitars: 14

1 - American Strat
2 - Mexi Strats (one dedicated to using with a Roland guitar synth)
2 - Mexi Teles
1 - Gibson SG
1 - Epi Dot
1 - PRS "Santana"
1 - Yamaha RGXTT (like a "Super Strat")
1 - Ibenex "Strat" - Dedicated to "open G" tuning)
1 - Samick UM1 (like a SG) - Dedicated to "open D" tuning)
1 - Jay Turner "Shark" (this hangs on the wall - cause it's cool looking)
1 - Danelectro 12 String (sounds like a Ric - for a fraction of the cost)
1 - Galveston resonator (piece of crap guitar - but it's a reso for when I need that sound)

Acoustic/Elctric Guitars: 3
1 - Takamine
1 - Epiphone Masterbuilt
1 - Washburn

Acoustic: 7
1 - Taylor 110
1 - Epiphone Masterbuilt
1 - Seagull
1 - Sigma (made by Martin) - Dedicated to "open G' tuning
1 - Waldon - Dedicted to "open D" tuning
1 - Samick Resonator
1 - Washburn 12 String