Votes: 707 40.2%
  • 5-8 Variety is the spice of life.

Votes: 628 35.7%
  • 9-12 I'm a serious collector.

Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
I have been playing guitar everyday for 20 years. And I only got my second guitar an "IBANEZ RG320" 2 years ago. This is because I was extremely poor and could afford a new guitar only recently. I envy those of you that have more than 2 ;)

My first guitar was a Japanese strat model named "Fresher". I had to buy the IBANEZ, because the fresher was falling apart and it was hard to play nice

Here's my small collection:

'92 Ibanez RG760
'90 Les Paul Studio w/ gold hardware
'02 Larrivee DV-05E

...and my friends thought I had too many guitars.

Ah what the hell, here's my list too :P

Seagull S6+ Cedar Top (acoustic)
LaPatrie Collection (classical)
Fender Strat. Am. Deluxe
Gibson ES-335

wow, you people have a lot of money to invest on guitars...
damn... and I bet the list goes pretty similar for your amps and recording gear!

I only have 2, both a gift from my dad:

-Hand made by a local luthier Acustic (The sweetest acustic I've ever played!)
-Peavy Mystique (80's style, ;) lol)

Oh my gosh!!

A Peavey Mystique?! Is that the one that's kind of a rounded off, organic, Flying V - ish kind of a shape?
Or was that the Peavey Mystic?

I remember one of those hanging in the local music store, and wanting it so bad, and I have never seen another one, ever.

Aaron
http://www.aaroncheney.com

Not real sure of all the names but here goes:

late 60's Harmony - mom's old guitar
70's catalog ???? - used for experiments
Alvarez acoustic
2000 Tacoma D20
early 60's Guild Starfire
71 Gibson SG

I think there's one more but I must not be playing often enough.

Re: Oh my gosh!!

Yup...
I don't remeber if you spell it mistique or mystic or what, but I'm pretty sure we are talking about the same guitar, it's a cool ass guitar :) I'm in love with it, and guess what? My dad bought it second hand from a guy for $50 bucks, that's right.. $50, it was the cheapest guitar he could find :D I've tried to look over the web and catalogs for it, but I never found another nowhere, do you remeber the price?? I always wanted to know it :) and also when did they make it, I don't think they do them anymore, and it seems to me like a very fine giutar to be worth $50!! I think the guy that sold it just wanted a high bad and had no money :rolleyes:

Aaron Cheney said:
A Peavey Mystique?! Is that the one that's kind of a rounded off, organic, Flying V - ish kind of a shape?
Or was that the Peavey Mystic?

I remember one of those hanging in the local music store, and wanting it so bad, and I have never seen another one, ever.

Aaron

I'm sure it was the Peavey "Mystic". I remember seeing it in about 1982 or 3. The music store had one, and I salivated over it for months before someone finally bought it. I remember it being around $300 or $400 list price.
It's really not my style anymore, but it would be a blast just to see on again. I wonder if the Peavey site has and "archive" type page.

Hmm... I think I'll go find out....

Aaron

Cool!

My guitar was born the same year I was born :)

Aaron Cheney said:
I'm sure it was the Peavey "Mystic". I remember seeing it in about 1982 or 3. The music store had one, and I salivated over it for months before someone finally bought it. I remember it being around $300 or $400 list price.
It's really not my style anymore, but it would be a blast just to see on again. I wonder if the Peavey site has and "archive" type page.

Hmm... I think I'll go find out....

Aaron

'87 Am Std Strat
'98 LP Classic
'90 Epi Sheraton II
'96 Alvarez Nylon, Cutaway
'79 Yamaha FG-340 (cheap but a great player after adding piezo & pre-amp!)

Hope to get a Gibson J-185CE someday soon.

1980 Gibson Les Paul Custom
1988 Gibson Showcase Edition Les Paul Custom
1991 Gison Super 400 Les Paul Custom
1987 USA standard Strat
1995 Jap Strat
1987 Kramer USA Baretta
1998 Ovation Standard Balladeer
2002 Spector US NHJ5CM (still on order) Bass
1999 Ibanez SR405 Bass (going away the moment the Spector arrives)

Fender American Standard 40th Anv.
'71 Gib SG
'80 Carvin DC200 Koa (first real guitar. complete with 1" of clear coat... ughh!)
Guild Acustic/elec.
Ibañez classical

Oh yeah

Ibanez JEM 777bfp
Godin LG (the older type with the godin buckers)
Gibson SG-I
Gordon Smith GS-I with custom paint job by my girl...

i'm only 21 so i'm trying to get to the "maybe I should open a store" category, but my study is keeping me back...

I gotta have 'm , i almost exclusively play the gibson, but still, gotta have 'm ... i'm scraping cash now for an iceman from '79... Oh well who needs to eat anyway?:D

guhlenn

Back