How is this mix?

I thought the balance of everything was good. Singing was good.

Overall, I thought the mix had kind of a "sterile" sound. Everything is so clean sounding.

Vocal is also a bit dry. Could use a delay or subtle reverb. There are some sections (the sections that begin "tell the world, it will have to wait"...) where the instruments come close to covering up the vocal.

Overall a good mix but it could use a bit of depth. The instruments are all a little too up front and what you pan seems a teeny bit overdone as well. (A little less to one side or the other when you pan) Maybe some delay on one or two of the tracks would separate it and smooth it out a bit. You have the mix right for sure. Well done overall !!

I like your mix a lot. Everything sounds clear and sits well in the mix. I would agree with TripleM that the vocal does get buried a bit in the section that begins with "Tell the world..." Some automation would come in handy to keep that up front. Other than that, sounding great.

I really like the composition, the playing, and generally the good mix. :)

Agree that the vocals is not prominent enough. Do try these:
- EQ some mids off the drums (esp. snare) to leave space for vocals.
- Compress the vocal track or automate the level to go up at soft parts

I can't offer any more than has already been said.

Just want to addd that it's a great little song. Very good performance and delivery. :thumbs up:

Yeah I wouldn't worry about the mix, I can hear everything very clearly! I think all you should do is listen to others, experiment with some ideas you find, and chart your own course! You probably don't need too much assistance, in my opinion.

Back