How is my sound/mix/etc? Feedback Welcome!

Richie Woods

This is a great site. How come I missed this place for so long?

Anyway, I realize I am new here but I just thought I would throw some of my demos out there for some possible feedback. I write instrumentals and I am concerned with the mix and overall sound quality (I have bad ears from loud stage days and poor monitoring equip).

*edit* Please listen to "Back to Basics"

I see that a lot of the "listen to my new song" threads go unoticed, I understand...but if ya get a chance, please listen...thanks!

(make sure you stream or download the MP3s...not the real player crap.)

http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/The_Rich_Cayer_Project/

Last edited:
Well first off your best bet for mixing/song feedback is to pick one song and ask for feedback on that. (See my thread, i did it myself when i first got here)

I listened to "Sound Reality"

Good start..well it got a little boomy at 0:50. I like the composition but i don't think the guitar tone is appropriate it sounds too metallic for me, i'd like a little more organic sound. Like the leads at 2:00 but again the tone is shrill to me. The writing is very solid though.

Listening to "Back to Basics" I like the flange and the marching section of the piece, nice changes and flow.

Hey, thanks for listening. Yeah sorry, I should have said just one song (I guess cause I'm new here I wanted to throw my three best out for grabs). Sound Reality, Back to Basics, and Fry Daddy are each so different musically and are really the ones I would like feedback on. Thanks for the input, it is greatly appreciated.

My main concern is that they are all done through headphones (recording tracks and mix downs), and I am curious as to how they sound to others.

Last edited:
Okay, let's go with the mellow one... "Back to Basics". How is the mix? Give it time, it builds up...

Last edited:
Back