How helpful are you?

Hey greg, If I send you a song that doesn't have drums on it will you do a drum track for me?
My drummer, and best friend, is battling lung cancer and he is too sick to play drums right now.

Hey greg, If I send you a song that doesn't have drums on it will you do a drum track for me?
My drummer, and best friend, is battling lung cancer and he is too sick to play drums right now.

Maybe, but it's gonna be a few weeks. I've got so many gigs happening right now, my drums are not in recording mode. And of course, I'll have to hear it first. Maybe it's something I can handle and/or wanna do. Maybe I'll hate it and want no part of it. We'll see.

It's a cover of the Bob Dylan song "You're gonna have to serve somebody".
I'm doing a.much different arrangement of it than Dylan did though. I'm going to give the drums a shot on it but, I'm not really a drummer.

It's a cover of the Bob Dylan song "You're gonna have to serve somebody".
I'm doing a.much different arrangement of it than Dylan did though. I'm going to give the drums a shot on it but, I'm not really a drummer.

That's one of my favs by Dylan - I'll keep my eye on the Clinic for it :)

My favourite "threads I'm not feeling helpful towards" today are the "is there an easy/magic way to make backing tracks" (erm... learn to play an instrument or two & record) in the Songwriting forum, and the extremely vague to the point of non-understandable top thread in Singing ...

I help out when I can.:thumbs up:

And you helped out well. :D
Loved the answer "yes" Short and sweet, and covers all.
:thumbs up:

haha, well this thread encouraged me to try and be helpful. Being a shit singing is something I know plenty about.

I feel like posting a one-string rendition of "Go and tell Aunt Nancy" recorded on my old ***** phone in the Guitar forum entitled "Can I play guitar".

Be kind, fellas. :(

I think recording is different really for everyone . Everyone has different gear . Speakers , guitars , etc.Amazing how just an interface makes a huge difference . I am hoping to get advice from different ears . Sometimes it takes just a nudge in the right direction to get back on course . So giving advice on what your ear says about a tune someone posts , I look at good practice for my own tracks . Advice I have received over the years , has helped my recordings . So I think paying it forward is a good thing . Some people are beyond hope and should just pay someone to record them . It's kinda like climbing a mountain with flip flops on . You just shouldn't do it .... lol

A common sentiment often arises in forums and videos I read/watch on recording, session work, "in the studio", the making of, etc etc.

"The good thing about the availability of the modern technology of digital recorders is anyone can record. The bad thing about the availability of the modern technology of digital recorders is anyone can record."

I think i've possibly been hacked. :mad:

I like to help, I'm a pretty nice guy in general. I'll even wave you in, in traffic.

As far as recording advice within this forum goes, I'm somewhat limited as I rely on my computer as little as possible. Thus making me behind the times. And I'm very happy with that.

Back