Computer: Pentium 4
3.06 GHz
1024 MB
200 Gig
PreSonus Firepod FireWire Audio Interface
M-Audio Delta 1010 LT
Wharfedale DP 8.1 Monitors
Studio Projects B1 mic

I will be doing accoustic guitar, bass, and vocals to start and hopefully once i get good in 10 years move to drums and other instruments. Is this a nice starter setup though?

It looks fine, though I am confused as to why you have both a Firepod and a 1010LT. Make sure the PC has a 1394 (Firewire) interface. Not all do.

Eh I would go with AMD if your going with the Pentium 4. Otherwise everything's fine like the person above said.

You may ahve to get a Texas Instruments chipset for your firepod, theres a thread about this in 'The Rack'.

thankyou for your replys.

I thought that I needed a sound card like the Delta no matter for the firepod to hook into? If this is not the case the what do i need to hook the firewire directly into the PC?

as far as the AMD goes, i looked on ebay and they have a place where you can build your own. Can someone go to http://cgi.ebay.com/AMD-ATHLON-64-x...988292QQihZ012QQcategoryZ140076QQcmdZViewItem
and show me what you would build in the $750 range? thankyou very much for all your help.

Chris P

Dude, at this point a Pentium 4 is around 3-4 years old... why buy old technology? I've got a P4 3.0 that could use a bit of a boost with all of the fun VST effects and stuff I've got going on in some projects (just experiments yes, but it still takes my computer down to a grinding halt!).

Get a core duo man

Also, firewire is a protocol: a standard to transmit data between two pieces of equipment (such as your firepod and your computer). All you need in your computer is a firewire port, preferably with a Texas Instruments chipset (which is sometimes hard to figure out)

I have to agree that the P4 is getting a bit older. I have a P4 3.0 that I have overclocked to 3.6Ghz and I'm still going to upgrade to a dual or quad core sometime later this year.

A newbie that joined this site in 2003?

Go ahead and pull the other one. :rolleyes:

Your last name wouldn't happen to be Piantadosi, would it? :eek:

Back