How do you tell if you're USB 2.0 compliant?

danielshawn

I want to make sure I will get the most out of an MBox should I choose to buy one; how do I make sure I'm USB Compliant? I looked at the drivers and what-not, but didn't make any progress.

Thanks so much!
--DanielShawn

If you have a usb2.0 integrated motherboard in your computer you are good to go, If not get a USB 2.0 PCI card. For the price of a Mbox you could get some other very good PCI or Firewire interfaces with much more inputs. If you are determined to go with protools, better get the 001.

daniel

before going further i suggest RESPECTFULLY you have some learning about audio engineering and the field of audio recording.
throwing money at ones lack of knowledge never works.

no digs

no digs at all.
just pointing out that buying things doesnt suddenly make you an experienced engineer. this takes time and study amd recording
lots of different artists , acts and tracks.
even the free audacity multitrack software gives you lots more than a lot of folks need to record a song.
just trying to save you money. thats all.

I guess what i see is newbies continual desire to play with the big boys of the studio world. so newbies load up on
expensive home studio solutions , plug ins and all manner of toys , without really realising they can engineer good songs using cheaper solutions.
as an example of naievity a few months back a couple of parents asked me to talk to their siblings. the siblings had this idea that
their parents bought the equipment on friday, and by monday they would be the next world mega selling sensation.
once they understood the work involved it made them rethink.

Back