How do you feel about your POD now ?

Re: another funny use

ruebarb said:
I used it on vocals when doing some 4 track vocals...a la Bruce Springsteen's "Nebraska" - I wanted that rich old reverb, and found a patch on the POD that put some nice verb on the vocals, so I plugged in an SM58 to the POD and went to lunch...Lots of fun.

RB

Hehe... ruebarb my man... i've also been doing exactly that for a while before getting a korg d12....

my setup was dynamic mic - behringer 802a mixer - aux output - pod 2.0 - aux input - mix - sony mz-r30 minidisc recorder...

that way, i abused the pod as somewhat of a fake tube preamp/compressor and digital reverb to go onto both vocals and miced or piezo acoustic guitar.... sounded fully on par with the overall sound quality of songwriter live gigs....

speaking about nebraska though... in order to get that dry, clanking electric guitar sound a la "Open All Night" into your recordings, you also might wanna consider separating electric guitar and pod and just inserting your trusty old tele into your mixer's mic channel without further processing or even so much as a d-i box (that's how bruce must have done it on his tascam portastudio) ... believe me, you'll see... :-)

Re: Re: another funny use

btw... notify me if you wanna start a discussion on nebraska-style recording techniques... all bruce-style recording methods for that matter :-)

Heh.

For as much as I prefer tube amps and SansAmp to POD, I would definitely not say it "sucks."

Sonixx,
It sucks for putting in front of an amplifier. Its plenty versatile for recording but i just don't like the sounds.
I'd rather have a tube amp... like the new Traynor.

Mike

Back