How do you do this?

Reggie49

I feel like a real dill, but for the life of me I cannot work out how to erase a sound or noise from a track I've recorded.

What I need to do is just eliminate the sound without affecting any timing issues, cutting is not the answer.

I thought I'd hit the jackpot when I found a section in the Reaper manual discussing "Scrubbing" but no that doesn't scrub the sound off, so back to square one.

I'm betting it will be something very simple, but not knowing the correct terminology I'm lost. I know what it's not called, but that doesn't help at all :confused:

Hope someone will take pity and help out :)

Cutting shouldn't affect timing unless you have ripple editing enabled

See the chat link in my sig if you ever need realtime reaper help, there's a bunch of people in there

Thanks for the reply guys, the "select - Ctrl Del" does the job, but I think I should've done better to explain what I want to do.

I've found a drum loop and the drummer gives a count in. It's a slow blues thing I'm using as my first go at this recording bit, so essentially when he counts '3' the lead riff is supposed to commence, and the drummer does a drum roll intro that I want to remove (that's the plan :) ). So once that's down I want to go back and essentially mute out the count in so there's about a 3 second delay to the start of the song and the drums commence on the 4th beat.

Now when I was messing around with select - remove/delete it removed that piece of time of course, which then put everything else out of whack!

I know the experts who look at this will be thinking "thickhead" (or worse :)) you just grab this click that and restore the lost bit of time. But I haven't graduated to the slick bits of this software yet, so looking for a feature that essentially mutes sounds or zeros the volume at this point would do for now.

I find the electronic manual difficult to navigate when you really don't know the unique name Reaper uses for a technique. At 400+ pages I'm not about to print it out, so for begginers, is the a section in the manual you'd recommend to have a hard copy of?

Thanks for the link to the chat room to get specific help, unfortunately from past experience I've found my poor typing skills soon burns people off from offering support. Which is why I come here for help - works for me most times! :)

Look forward to some of the lookers offering some advise as I'm sure there's a number of ways to do this. Cheers R

Back