How do u Sync AM to BPMs?

kgbjamin

Ok, I know this is generally a cakewalk forum but I am running a Sound Forge AM Plugin with Sonar on a string track. I'm having trouble selecting the right modulation frequency for my track which is cruising at 130 BPM. I fiqure there has got to be a formula for syncing the AM frequency to BPMs. Is there anyone who knows the equation?

AM Plugin

AM abbreviates Amplitude Modulation. This plugin basically mixes an input sound with a waveform and puts out it's result. (The waveform is normally a sinewave, squarewave or sawtooth but I have seen other types of signals used.)
I use this plugin to chop up a string or even long vocal to give a sort of stutter effect to some of my tracks.
The original question that I posted was answered in the mixing and mastering forum.

I take it you can't find the right speed by ear?
Does the speed parameter have specific rates?
It might help if we knew what kind of scale the speed parameter is on.......

or you could try this...

Some direct-X plugins have automatable parameters,if you load the effects bin,hold the cursor over the effect and right click a box will show up.
If arm parameter shows up left click that and you will get a menu to choose parameters from.
While this won't give you an exact speed you'll be able to tweak it as it goes along to stay somewhat in sync.

If it does'nt support automation you're SOL.

You know in the old days they did'nt have tempo sync, pitch match and all these other fancy do-dads.....
they did it all by ear!:rolleyes:

Back