How do they do it?

no_monkeybiznus

I can't think of any examples, but the effect I'm after is a reverb before the attack of an instrument. Like a snare that goes: shhhHHHHH00OOOmph (that sucked) the 'shh' being the reverb and the mph the snare hit How do they do that? Thanks

you can reveverse a sample of your drum, then apply lots of reverb to it, and put it just in front of your normal drum.
Cheers

okay thanks guys. I'm using adat's so I might try 'sampling' the drums w/verb onto my 4 track, flipping the tape, then transferring it to minidisc so I can get the timing back to the adat easier.
Is there an easier way? Thanks alot.

shhhhhoooooop??

I think the effect you're looking for is what's called tape reverse, if that's what I think you're trying to decribe. The Beatles used it a fair bit around their Magical Mystery Tour period. :rolleyes:
Listen to Strawberry Fields forever, 2nd bridge??, is that the effect.
It's also been called Tape Reverse, Suck Snare. There's been a bunch of different terms. :cool:

no_monkeybiznus said:
okay thanks guys. I'm using adat's so I might try 'sampling' the drums w/verb onto my 4 track, flipping the tape, then transferring it to minidisc so I can get the timing back to the adat easier.
Is there an easier way? Thanks alot.

Flipping the tape is the original/traditional way of doing it.

You can always flip a section of audio and move it around in any digital audio editor worth its salt.

Back