how do I use m-audio firewire solo with AIM?

bball_1523

I am wondering how I can use my m-audio firewire solo to work with Aol Instant Messenger's talk features. The problem I am having is that I can't get my NI guitar rig's patches to play directly in AIM's voice chat with another person. The other person hear's only my guitars dry signal rather than the distortion patches I'm using with NI's guitar rig.

I am wondering how I can configure my firewire solo to play the distortion patches directly in AIM's voice chat?

I don't know how to switch around the options. I tried plugging in my cheap mic that has 1/4" inputs instead of XLR, but it doesn't work. I do have a motherboard soundcard, but that doesn't work either.

Interesting concept! I am afraid that's not going to work though. I think you're going through a similar issue to people that were trying to record a conversation on Skype.

The best way would be to use an external device, and pan it left, then your voice right, then they could hear both over AIM, including the processed sound.

Polaris20 said:
Interesting concept! I am afraid that's not going to work though. I think you're going through a similar issue to people that were trying to record a conversation on Skype.

The best way would be to use an external device, and pan it left, then your voice right, then they could hear both over AIM, including the processed sound.

sorry, I meant just playing my guitar and letting the other person hear my guitar tone from NI guitar rig. It plays the dry signal rather than the distortion patch.

Back