How do i record with my POD XT Live to Cubase?

Singhy

How do i record with my POD XT Live to Cubase? I am having real trouble getting it to work. There is a little bar which seems to go up and down as i hit the strings but there is no sound coming through, but that bar signifies that it recognises there is something there, but i cant get it to make the sound to come through. If somebody could help me i would be very greatfull. Thankyou, Alex

Singhy said:
How do i record with my POD XT Live to Cubase? I am having real trouble getting it to work. There is a little bar which seems to go up and down as i hit the strings but there is no sound coming through, but that bar signifies that it recognises there is something there, but i cant get it to make the sound to come through. If somebody could help me i would be very greatfull. Thankyou, Alex

Can you describe specifically how you have the POD connected to your computer, and what Cubase is recoginizing as your sound card?

i can send you a screenshot? to be honest i have only been using cubase for a short amount of time, how do i check what it has recognised as my soundcard?

You mean you can't monitor it through your speakers?

If that's the case, there's something called input-echo that you need to have turned on. However, there will probably be some associated latency (delay in sound).

There is a bar moving, the bar in on that midi track. but as i record it doesnt pick up ANY sound.

When i have not pressed record the bar moves, but i can hear no sound. when i hit record the bar stops moving.

Read your Cubase manual about arming a track. Also read up about input monitoring and selecting input sources.

That should get you going pretty easily.

I posted this in the Cubase forum, but ill cross post it here....

Right, do you have your ASIO driver setup? First, install Line 6 Monkey, from their website. Run it, and make sure everything is up to date.

Next, you need to setup the ASIO driver. To do this, go to Devices -> Device Setup. There is an option called VST Audiobay. Click it, and select ASIO PodXT from the drop down. Now your POD is setup to record via USB...

Im not 100% sure that this is the right way, but it works for me....

Back