How do I record my Guitar using Load Box (Boss Waza tae) and IR

Leanderton

Hello dear Fellas,

I am relatively new to recording, started at the beginning of the last year and learned some basic's since then. I have a problem on how I record my guitar in a proper way. I am living in a flat so I was looking after a way on how to record and play my Guitar at a proper volume. The solution was a load box, the Boss Waza Tube Amp Expander, in which i am able to record myself through two XLR cables right into my interface. I watched many videos on how to record like that and how to get a good sound but unfortunately there wasn't a solution. The Guitar sounds way of from what I experienced with my cab. The sound is kinda muffled, muddy, too low, not very articulated and quite dirty.

Now here is my Setup and signal chain:
Guitar: Strandberg Boden Metal
--> Pedals: Volume and Wah Pedal
--> Amp: PRS Archon 100w (50w switch)
--> Load Box: Boss Waza Tube Amp expander
--> Interface: Artura Audiofuse Studio
--> DAW: Studio one 5

--> After that I use my Linn Intek Amp and then the signal goes into my HIFI Boxes (Build from my father and his best friend. The quality is top notch!)

Now here is what I have already done or tried:
- I tried every little tweaker from the Amp EQ, to the Boss Waza settings.
- Played with all the different gain tweakers. I tried to set the gain as low as possible without loosing to much sound.
- Different headphones
- EQ the guitar (works a little bit but doesn't solve the issue)
- compressor
- watched a thousand of YouTube videos with topics like: how to record with IR, how to record with load box, how to get a nice metal tone and so on and so forth...

In order to know what I am talking about I attached some Audio files, some with drums, some without, clean and Lead Channels.

I am very new to the forum and if my question is kinda silly, please explain me why. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Leanderton

Attachments

• Clean Sounds.mp3
    232.5 KB
  • Harmonic Riff + Drums.mp3
    135.8 KB
  • Powerchord Riff .mp3
    270.9 KB
  • Powerchord Riff + Drums .mp3
    270.9 KB
Back