how do i put the fx on a new track?

jt93

i have a couple of mono guitar tracks i would like to add some fx to, but put just the fx on a new track (100% wet).

how do i go about routing the busses to make this happen?

thanx

dry guitar track out of soundcard and into effects unit
effects unit out to soundcard input
arm a new track and hit record

if you want a better answer, we're really gonna need some details about your soundcard and your fx box.

im trying to do this in cool edit 2.1. i know how to do it with hardware ;)

i just want to apply echo (a dx effect) to a track/wav file, have just the fx on a new track/wav.

1 Clone the dry track (CTRL - right click and drag it to a new track). Name it and save it.

2 Take the track into Edit view.

3 Click Effects>Direct X.

4 Apply the fx.

won't just cloning and fx'ing end up with a track with the original and the fx?

i just want the fx.

im trying to do like i do with my 4416. i take the clean track, run it thru my outboard fx tank, and back into a new track, 100% wet. that way i have just the fx (ping pong echo) on a new track so i can adjust the levels at master time.

sorry i wasn't clear about what i wanted to do. i know i read how to do this somewhere before. i think it was in an article about adding pre-echo.

so, you mean adding the fx with plugins right?

depending on the plugin, most have a control for wet/dry,
it might not be labeled that way, but there should be something along those lines.

i want to add an effect with a plug in, but have the 100% wet signal go to a new file / track. i want to keep the original as it is with no effect.

i know about wet / dry etc. what i can't find is how to send the output of the effect to a new track / file and leave the original unchanged.

"i want to add an effect with a plug in, but have the 100% wet signal go to a new file / track. i want to keep the original as it is with no effect."

Like I said, clone the dry track, and apply the effect to the cloned track. The original track will be uneffected, and the new track will have the effect on it.

DOH! i got it now. i was thinking too complicated. i kept trying to route it thru the busses with fx on them and all that.

i feel like a tool :)

thanx

Back