How do I post wave files to my website????

Trippalot

Hello. I have designed a website for my band with Microsoft Frontpage. I would like to post wave (sound) samples of two or three songs on the site. I created a hyperlinks with the names of the songs I wanted to have samples of, and pointed to the wave file on my computer as the destination. So they come up fine on my computer when I get online to test them, but they won't come up properly on any other computer. When I click them on someone else's computer, it says "Page Cannot Be Found."

So how do I get my wave file samples on the web???

Thanks for any help.

Tripp

(do a search on absolute URL as oposed to relative URLs.)

When you say wav .. do you mean sound.wav or are you referring to an mp3? .. because .wav files tend to be too big for people.

Trippalot,

Does that mean you have big feet?

Not!:D

If you want to put a wave file,or mp3 on your website,you have to load it onto the same server your web page is on.
It has to be done through an upload ftp utility,Frontpage or other.

You can't do it from your computer unless it's a server,or set up as a server.

What I do is load a folder called songs,then load the audio file to it,then put a link to the audio file on my web page.

Here's an example-my webpage url/songs/audio file name.wav or mp3

tvaillan is right,you can take a 40 meg.wav file and convert it to a 4meg mp3 file with little degradation in sound.

If you need a converter,there is a really great free one floating around here,thanks to Gidge.
Let me know and I'll try to find the link for you.

You can e-mail me if you need any more help-

lkathy@earthlink.net

Pete

Back