How do I make my songs LOUDER?

to_see_me

When I download from my Korg D12 to my computer, (Sound Forge) and then burn a disk, it sounds all right but it way too low of a level. I hear that maybe compressing will help? I haven't tried any effects or mastering tricks or anything. Mostly because I know nothing of that stuff. What should I do? This is really for my own use and for friends so it doesn't have to be perfect, but it sucks when it switches to a different disk and it's like 4 times as loud. Haha we've all been there. OK, thanks for any advice!

Seth

Something like the wave L1 limiter will do just that. Just don't squash the crap out of it. You just wanna clip the peaks to bring up your average level.

For simple : NORMALIZE (if you haven't done so...) will make your wave louder (closest to 0dB) without alter your sound. Using Waves L1 is great, but you have to know first how to deal with it.

;)
Jaymz

From what I've read, don't normalize. The only thing it does is get your loudest peak( like a stray snare shot) to 0db. That 1 snare shot could peak at 0 but the rest of your audio may be well below that. You need to use a limiter.

cool...I need more advice though. Is there a way to limit in sound forge? or in a digital recorder (Korg d12)? So I limit it or normalize it to get rid of peaks, then raise the entire volume?

thanks!

I have also read the the less DSP processes your audio goes through the better. So I don't know. Not sure why you would want to do both.

Back