How Do I Hear My Mac Speakers Out Using Pro Tools?

thabeatnut

Please forgive for the lame post...Im just getting started and I got a m audio fast pro, and pro tools m powered 7...I run everything on my mac G4 pc...Anyway I was searching through preferences and options and couldnt find how to hear sound on it...I dont have any professional monitors at the moment, Im on a tight budget, but I have some speakers that I have on the mac, that I want to use for time being till I upgrade to monitors....Any advice would be helpful...Oh, and also, what would be a recommended studio monitor for a $200-- and below price range??? Please let me know....Thanks... or email me drakemsc@msn.com....

Last edited:
I'm assuming that your speakers have a mini-jack connection on them? If so, get a converter to make it 1/4" jack (like a guitar lead) and use the headphone output!

You'll need to select your interface as your audio output under your OSx system preferences to hear the sound form other programs too.

Exactly what messianic said as far as getting the sound 2 come out of your speakers.

My favorite studio monitors are Alesis Monitor One's you can find them used on ebay for a decent price.

Back