How do I do this??

JesusFreak

I've never used Sonar before at all. I record into a Korg D1600. I record 8 tracks. I record in 24 bit 44.1 khz format. I'm basically just looking for a program that can help me clean up my mixes better. I get a pretty good mix out of the Korg but I'm just looking for something to add one more coat of polish to it.

First, is Sonar the way to go?? Second, if it isn't, what would be the way to go?? And thirdly, if Sonar is the way to go, then how would I get the data from my Korg into Sonar to manipulate, and then back into the Korg with the new changes??

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

God Bless!

I took a look at one. does yours have the CD burner in it? If so, it looks like you could burn your tracks to wavs and then you could drop that into a computer and open up the wavs in Sonar or any software multitracker. Of course getting them back in would require that your computer also had a CD burner so you could burn the new wavs to disc and open them back up in the D1600. The S/PDIF in/out could be used but only two tracks at a time. You could slide them into sync in Sonar but that's a pain in the ass.

First, is Sonar the way to go??

Well... it could be. SONAR 2.2 XL can handle recording 8 track at once 24 bit, 44.1Khz. The question is What's your soundcard ? ;)

Second, if it isn't, what would be the way to go??
Tough question. I mean, if you're asking here in Cakewalk forum, you won't get better answer than use SONAR. However, Cool Edit Pro 2 also can handle those task, and I think it's wave editor & "cleaning" audio features are much better than SONAR.

And thirdly, if Sonar is the way to go, then how would I get the data from my Korg into Sonar to manipulate, and then back into the Korg with the new changes?

Well, I believe you you'll get better result to route 'em digitally. I mean, you need to transfer the data using kinda spdif interface, or similiar as a transfer media. How to do that will deppend on your soundcard...

;)
Jaymz

First, thanks for your reply's guys.

Second...I just have a basic computer sound card. Nothing fancy. That's why I would probably have to xfer the data through CD form. My korg does have the cd burner. So would I keep the clarity of the data through the burning process?? Or would I have to worry about data integrity problems??

God Bless

Back