How do i do this?

distilled

Ok, I'm making Hip Hop Beats and want to get a proper setup eventually.
At the moment I'm going to be fine with a set of basic monitors, emu 0404 and proteus x with mo phatt, and my midi keyboard.

But eventually i want to get some more sound modules, synths and workstations to use, like the fantom xr, motif and korg synths. But I really dont know how to connect it all.

I want to have my computer at the centre of the setup, instead of the mixing desk at the centre.

What do I need to do this, and what kind of price range am i going to be looking at? (its for thabout this time in the next few years so i need to start saving)

If I'v been too vague again please tell me and i'll try to explain more.

Yo Water with no minerals:

Easy answer: Just move your computer into the center of your room/studio and, Voila--it is the center of the workplace. [sorry, I couldn't resist.]

But, you sound like you are doing fine with the gear you mentioned.

You can go the PC way to record but make sure you have an adequate sound card.

Or, you can go with a SIAB=[studio in a box] which I what I use. But, I have given thoughts to setting up another studio in another room using a PC set-up.

But, there remains the "learning curve" with the PC and other problems I've read about crashes, etc.

Try to get your hands or ears on any new gear even if you have to take a drive to get to a large vendor.

Green Hornet :D

Back