how do I connect the RNC to my Mackie 1202 VLZ Pro mixer?!!? HELP!

faabud

I got my RNC today. As well the sales guy told me which cables I need and so on. So I come home and attempt the hook it up... well I think I got the wrong cables. He gave me a split cable with "two" "1/4 inch TRS type cable (I think that's what they are called). Well the fit perfectly in the back of the RNC. But the otherside of the cable is a way smaller type plug. It doesn't fit anywhere on my Mackie 1202 VLZ Pro mixer... He also gave me another "instrument" cable. Which had the split "1/4 inch" TRS type cable but the other side is a split plug of some weird plug. It doesn't fit in my mackie either...So I AM POSITIVE it must be wrong cables...Or is it not? Also if it's the wrong cable. What cables do I need so I can go and grab real ones.

All you need is a 1/4" stereo phono split. The two "split 1/4"s" go in your ins and outs, the "combined single" 1/4" goes in your insert (whatever channel you're working with).

They're like $2.99.

Kelly Holdridge said:
All you need is a 1/4" stereo phono split. The two "split 1/4"s" go in your ins and outs, the "combined single" 1/4" goes in your insert (whatever channel you're working with).

They're like $2.99.
It's easier than even that. The RNC lets you simply connect a single 1/4" TRS cable between the Input jack on the RNC and the insert jack on your mixer. Both ends must have a 1/4" TRS plug.

Hey, Harvey! Haven't seen you in a while, haven't gotten out of HR.com in ages...

That's a great idea by the RNC folks, I didn't know about that. I'd love an RNC, would sure beat the Behringer we're usin' now...

Maybe get two, put that rackface mod that Fletcher's got... hehe...

www.mercenary.com

I'm trying to decide right now between a Behringer and the RNC. How come you wish you had the RNC instead of your Behringer?

And I'm also looking at the ART Tube PAC. Any thoughts on it vs. the RNC and Behringer?

Depends on which Behringer. Some of th egurus here (Blue Bear, Sonusman, don't remember) has some no longer produced Behringer compressor he loves, and I have heard many good things about Behringer compressors. The Behringer Ultramizer mastering processor also has a compressor, which totally sucks.

So, it depends on the Behringer. But I have yet to hear anybody claim that a Behringer is better than an RNC. :)

Thx!

What about the ART Tube PAC? I just got an ART Tube MP Preamp, so am already getting some of the tube warmth that I'm reading I should make sure to insert somewhere in the digital recording process. (I just bought a VS-880 VXpanded, followed by an AKG C 2000 B mic.) I'm leaning strongly now toward the RNC to complete the picture. Good move? Or should I get the extra tube warmth that the ART Tube PAC would in theory provide?

BTW I'll be using this compressor for vocals, acoustic and electric guitar, and bass, plus the overall mix.

I have the TubePac, and the compression is very visible (as in you can really hear it working). And doesn't have good enough controls to be very useful. I end up not using the compression feature, and using it as a straight up pre amp.

H2H

I own the Behringer Multi Com,Composer Pro and the AutoComm and they are excellent comps for the price,
but I gotta' give the "Thumbs Up" to the REAL NICE COMPRESSOR!

Back