How do I build a sound profile in Waves Restoration?

radiogold

I'm currently restoring my vinyl, and recently picked up a second hand copy of Waves Restoration 3.5, and now using it as a plug in to Sound Forge 6.0.

When restoring vinyl, I did a three step process to achieve the cleaned up track.

1, I'd first find a silent gap in the recording, where I would make a selection. The selection would contain all the clicks and cracks. I would then enter the filter plug in, and save this as a SOUND PROFILE.

2. I would then exit the file plug in, then select the entire wave.

3. I would then re-enter the plug in, and then apply the saved sound profile to the entire wave (sound file). Ultimately this was the best way to make sure I would only move the cracks and pops, without moving any part of the recording.

The plug ins from sound forge weren't all that crash hot, so I decided to go for the Waves Restoration (x-click and x-crackle) 3.5 plug in. only problem, is that this program won't do step one, any ideas how I could do this. It seems this program works with guess work. I would have to fiddle with the sliders, until I got the desire depth of noise reduction, very time consuming! Am I doing something wrong??

Back