How do I add Pictures and Captions to WMA files?

radiogold

Just searched the web to find some info on wma files. In particular, I'm wondering how I could add pictures and text to a windows media file? I can add the title and producer info, but nothing else. The aim of this is.....

I've just recorded a program that features a number of tracks from a CD. When people click on the file, and the media player starts, people will see a visual of the CD cover in the captions part of the Windows Media Player. I would have to add the pictures and info during the encoding stage, before publishing the audio file to my website.

I'm using win-me, Windows Media Player 7 and Sound FOrge 6.0. There seems to be a feature in Sound Forge that does this, but it's not working properly.

I don't even know if this is possible? Any help is appreciated.

Mark

Mark - you can do it with Macromedia Flash and create a .swf file. The .swf file will also stream if you want it to.

BTW my version of SF says this

Attach video to an audio file
Open the audio file you want to use.

From the File menu, choose Properties.

In the Properties dialog, select the Video tab.

Click the Attach button. The Open dialog is displayed.

Browse to the file that contains the video stream you want to use and click Open.

Click OK to close the Properties dialog and attach the video stream.

Save your file in a video format.

cheers
john

What you're looking for is a program that can write ID3v2 tags.

These "ID3vX" standards refer to the "tag" of an MP3 file, which is used to describe the file. A 3v1 tag just contains things such as the song title, album, author, etc....this is most common. A 3v2 tag can contain much more, such as lyrics and images.

So, long story short, you need a program that can write ID3v2 tags....do a search!

Slackmaster 2000

Oops...you were talking about WMA....I was talking about MP3. Not sure how to do it in WMA, sorry.

Have you downloaded the "Windows Media Encoder" from Microsoft?

Slackmaster 2000

Back