How do get an External MIDI device to trigger actions

Bongoloid

I Am using Acid Pro 7 and I Am quite n00bish when it comes to the MIDI aspect of it.

I wish to use my Tascam DP-02 to trigger my MIDI tracks. I want to be able to press play or record on my recorder and make it play my MIDI drumtracks in Acid.

I followed the Acid help file and I was still unsuccessful. I Am using an M-Audio MIDISport Uno USB adapter for MIDI IO. The device is available in Acid.

There is very little to do to set up the recorder. It has three options Off, TKC, and MTC. I used MTC as the help file suggests and I tried TKC just for the hell of it. When I press play on the recorder the MIDI out lights up on the adapter. The device is sending out a signal.

Does anyone here use external devices to trigger MIDI in Acid?

no way to do this with what you have... the mtc simply allows the thing to play in sync with a mid prog... you still need the prog to record the midi events and retrigger them...

no way to do this with what you have... the mtc simply allows the thing to play in sync with a mid prog... you still need the prog to record the midi events and retrigger them...

Thanks for replying.

I Am a complete. n00b with MIDI.

I may have misunderstood the usage of trigger in MIDI vernacular. The bolded text looks like what I want to accomplish.

I don't intend to do any recording on my PC. I want to record guitar or bass tracks on my Tascam while constructing drum tracks in Acid with EZ Drummer. I just need for the instrument tracks to sync with the PC MIDI track for playback and recording.

Now, I have to go back and take another look at the help file.

I Am not having any luck making this work. According to the manual and the help file it should be fairly simple.

I have to see if I can dig out another MIDI based gadget and see if this M-Audio USB MIDIsport UNO is even doing anything besides making it's lights blink.

Back