how do djs put a different beat to a song

homerecording

is there software out there that can successfully disect any song for it to become an acapella version, instrumental version, and acoustic version, and to make it so you can take words out, and mix two songs together, increase bass, add sounds.i heard a dj on the radio one day mix 3 songs into one which sounded unbelievably different i know thats what he did because at the end of it thats what he said he did.
he used total eclipse of the heart,he had bonie tyler singing it but the beat behind it was the one nikki french used to remake the song,plus i think an instrumental was inserted in there somewere.could someone please tell me what software program you would need to achieve this plus how would you do it

As far as I know....

There's not really a way to separate the instruments, the djs must have had access to the original tracks and then re-mixed them.

You can do "remixes" in several ways, but typically, the remoxes you found in the shops are done by DJ/Producers that have access to the original tapes, yes.

Then when you go out dancing you may find that you DJ has done remixes of his own. This is usually done with a sampler and some different versions of the song. You can filter out the vocals so that primarily bass and drums get low, and put your own there, and this is sometimes done, and sometimes the remixes are cut up and shuffled around versions where the DJ takes just the good part of a song. :)

I used to do this with a 1/4" tapecreorder and a splicer in the 80s when I did local radio. Loads of fun. I took all the huge special remixes of a song you can find on a maxi, and I cut them up and merged the good parts.

homerecording

Please, STOP DOUBLE POSTING.

I answered your question in the other forum you posted it in.

Basically, the dj had acapellas, instrumentals, and/or remixes of the songs you heard.

Most, radio dj's have promo copies of the songs you regularly hear (that are given to them from the record labels and distributors).

They normally contain acapellas, instrumentals, and different versions of the song.

You can adjust the the bass, treble, and mid-range with the eq on your dj mixer (it's called PUMPING or BEATING the EQ).

You can also make edited mixes by using a multitracking program (I use Cakewalk 9.03).

peaceout...

spin

Back