How Cold Should Ur Computer Be?

hookiefree

I need to get the AC ducts fixed in my room. It can get between 80-85 degrees in there sometimes. I installed a window AC but it's too loud for mixing and it's letting the traffic noises from outside in when tracking.

I'm wondering about liquid cooled cases. Would one keep the PC cold enough in 80 degree temperatures? How cold should the computer be?

don't know about you yanks' crazy temp system but my computer at work here is always around 51 degrees celcius.

Or it might be 123.8 ;) . I won't claim to know anything real about computer temps, but if your fan isn't running when your pc is idling I'd say you are OK.

Last edited:
minofifa said:
don't know about you yanks' crazy temp system but my computer at work here is always around 51 degrees celcius.

That could be just fine. Alot of the docs I've read on the AMD stuff suggests that the AMD Athlons start to fry irrepairibly around 90 degrees celcius. I built a micro ATX puter for my home that idles around 50C (thats why i was off reading articles on cpu temp :p ). My P4 at work runs around 40C. My other AMD at home runs about 45C.

You worry too much. Ambient air temperature doesn't come close to the CPU temp. Have a CPU fan, one or two case fans, and an ice cold beer. You only need to get paranoid about CPU temperature when you are overclocking.

Back