How can I make my electro-acoustic sound like a straight acoustic.

danbs10

Hi, I am recording my electro-acoustic (spanish) guitar via an audio interface into my laptop and then edit using Adobe Audition CS5.
Is there a plugin or any techniques which I can use that can convert the electro-acoustic sound and make it sound like a normal acoustic?

Thanks

When I first got an electro acoustic, I thought that by plugging straight in, it would give the acoustic sound without the hassle of miking.
Doesn't happen.
Unless your acoustic has some utterly top notch pick up.
But if you do as Wish 14 says and use a mic, but then supplement that by going direct, you'll get an interesting sound.
Recently, I've gone mad and quad it. I do the standard stereo miking thing but I also plug in the in built pick up and attach a cheap rough bottle top contact mic and plug that in. I then play the part once, not four times. On a 12 string, panned hard left & right and 8.45 and 3.15, the result is like cough medicine without the cough. Sublime !

+1 on the mics. Learn some mic placement techniques and experiment.
Go take a look at the sticky on recording acoustics too in the forum. I forget just where it is now but it wont be far away.

+1 on mics.

if you really don't want to use mic's for whatever reason (and i'd strongly recommend you do as mic's will give you a real guitar sound), the Fishmann Aura pedal is pretty outstanding and if you're playing live through a DI the Aura can really help make the guitar sound more "real"

Back