How can I get the vocals to come up clearly?

traw

bounceback-stay_fresh.mp3 - 3.36MB
What Can I do to bring the vocals up clearly?

I used this as a guideline .

1. urs 1980 compressor, using the preset "Fairchile#1"
this works as a thickner

2. SSL Channel, using the preset "lead vox" and adjusting from there,
this is really the main plug in the chain, the trick is to boost hi, mid, low mid, and bass,
that way you will get a sound that feels as the original but has the sound of ssl.
remember to use low cut and adjust the compression

3. Waves Rcomp, using the preset "vocal"
adjust the threshold so it works your peaks, adjust the gain as high as possible without clipping
( a few peaks is allright)

you can use this chain on each vocal track with great succes.

if the sound is to hard try to bypass the URS and turn down the ratio and threshold in the SSL channel compressor

The vocals came out loud and clear on my monitors:D i dont think you have a problem.
I also had a listen on my really cheap monitors and it sounds the same, crystal clear.

Vocals sound overprocessed to me. There's no life in them, either that or the delivery is just that bad...

I'd layer some reverb on em, warm them up a bit.

ayyyy

nah no bait. Ok I will try it again. I'm going to try to re-record in this closet i'm trying to post egg crate foam all in.

Sounds good on my laptop speakers. And if it sounds good on the laptop you're alright. If you're gonna re-record it I'd say record it flat with no effects, EQ or comp like L'espion Noir said. Just use your tube pre and add everything else in the mixing process.

One thing I did notice was the vocals seem to have a little room reverb on it. Is that the room you recorded in or was it added later?

I think that studio foam will help a lot.

Back