How can i get my mixes like this ?

Iwannamix

INSIDE THE MIND OF (PRODUCED BY WES BLAK) by Wes Blak on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
HELL YEAH! (PRODUCED BY WES BLAK) by Wes Blak on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This was recorded in a closet filled with towels and rags.
With a USB Microphone !
and Mixed in Cool Edit PRO !
and no Studio Monitors Out his laptop monitors and Studio Beats he mixed these

How did he get such go quality out of the mix ? Any suggestions ?

I have a Interface , Studio Monitors , and A Decent Mix (AT2035) Logic Pro 9 . Waves AU's.

I think the problem is idk what i want my mixes to sound like or my voice. It sounds weird mixing my own Vocals. because i don't know what to compare it to.

I didn't hear anything special. It's a simple recording with a very small reverb effect that is brought to the front. Nothing more.

Tracking is normally the easy part. Mixing is where the work comes in. The room has to be acoustically sound, and you have to have quality equipment that will allow you to listen.

To be honest; Hip Hop and rap are easy to mix. Everything is MIDI with the exception of the vocals. You are basically getting the levels right.

Mixing the backing music is the easiest part. Any beginner can drop loops of samples and beats on a timeline. They are already sonically perfect and ready to use. You don't have to know anything about a compression, EQ, or effects. All you need to do is set the volumes where you want them, add your rhymes, and start calling yourself a producer.

Hmmmm....so, let's see....1 post and this is it?

That's peculiar.

HAHA! You're right. Fuck I'm blind.

haha that's cool. I have great vision, but my hearing is kinda off...maybe that's why your recordings are so much better than mine! Or maybe I just suck and am looking for an excuse.

BTW, how do you get one rep point?

Holy crap! I just gave him 214748 rep poins in one shot. :eek:

I feel so potent!!!! :D

HAHA! You're right. Fuck I'm blind.

No, you're not. Yesterday when I read your post (post #5) his post count did say 1. I know this because I looked up at it then and thought the same thing...but suddenly today it says 55. Maybe the database had some weird glitch somehow.

EDIT:
Maybe he signed up as an alias yesterday and the moderators reverted him back to his original account today or something.

Holy crap! I just gave him 214748 rep poins in one shot. :eek:

I feel so potent!!!! :D

That is because the higher the rep of the person giving it, the more the receiver gets. It's a 1% exchange. The amount he receives is 1% of the amount you have at the time.

Back