How about some sappy feelgood?

Very good sounds man...how did you record everything? Bery clean man, and it's an extremely pretty sounding tune. Very cool. :cool:

true-eurt said:
Tears, chills and emotion undescribable at the moment other than...WOW.
Damn...thanks True! Probably the only song I've ever written that came out of something positive. :)

Dogman said:
Very good sounds man...how did you record everything? Bery clean man, and it's an extremely pretty sounding tune. Very cool. :cool:
Thanks for the listen, Dogman. Recording was pretty basic...The acoustic (MXL 990, if I remember) was doubled with a clean electric (SM57). Bass, keyboards, and the fake drums all direct through the board. The solo was the first thing I got to record with the new Seymour Duncan pickups, and let me tell ya...those things make me happy in places I didn't even know I owned. :D

Purge said:
Thanks for the listen, Dogman. Recording was pretty basic...The acoustic (MXL 990, if I remember) was doubled with a clean electric (SM57). Bass, keyboards, and the fake drums all direct through the board. The solo was the first thing I got to record with the new Seymour Duncan pickups, and let me tell ya...those things make me happy in places I didn't even know I owned. :D
Which SD's man? Got a pic of your axe? I'm getting closer to buying a new one. I got the cash, but now need to just decide.... :eek:

Cool, nice acoustic sound.
Intro part and mood remind me of Boston's Hollyann.
I agree with Dog and Shark, very clean and just sounds great.
Love the solo and build too :cool: :D

SnakeDog5050 said:
Cool, nice acoustic sound.
Intro part and mood remind me of Boston's Hollyann.
I agree with Dog and Shark, very clean and just sounds great.
Love the solo and build too :cool: :D
Thanks for the listen, Snake. Intro reminded me of that song too. :o

There is no demasculation in this piece.
Beauty can be transient or dark or emotional or intelligent or sparkling. It can be, as is this piece, an expression of affection through lovely writing, playing, arranging & recording.
Nice but in the nicest possible meaning of the word.

rayc said:
There is no demasculation in this piece.
Beauty can be transient or dark or emotional or intelligent or sparkling. It can be, as is this piece, an expression of affection through lovely writing, playing, arranging & recording.
Nice but in the nicest possible meaning of the word.
Hell of a compliment, rayc...I really appreciate it.

I'm listening now....

Damn...

Very nice tune. Of course you haven't posted anything in the last couple years that I haven't liked... :)

I love the solo, the only nitpick I would have is that it should have been brought out a bit more in the mix. Not too much because it would spoil the groove, but just a bit to bring out a bit more definition.

Very nice tune, Tom. I have Windoze media on repeat... :D

Thanks, Rokket! That solo was a blast to record...I still have a hard time convincing myself to "up" those things in the mix.

Sonically, the main problem I've found in this song is the annoying hi-hat sound. Should probably turn that down a little... :D

Any other ideas? I've called this one "done" for awhile now (about as good as I wanted it to sound, and Mom sure was happy with it :) ), but for future tunes, some better tweaking ideas would be welcome.

Purge said:
Thanks, Rokket! That solo was a blast to record...I still have a hard time convincing myself to "up" those things in the mix.

Sonically, the main problem I've found in this song is the annoying hi-hat sound. Should probably turn that down a little... :D

Any other ideas? I've called this one "done" for awhile now (about as good as I wanted it to sound, and Mom sure was happy with it :) ), but for future tunes, some better tweaking ideas would be welcome.
There was some mid-range mud. Oh shucks, I gotta play it again to find it...

Hold on...

Rokket said:

Hold on...
Nevermind, I think it was the eq settings on this media player...

I'm listening again anyhow, just in case...

Super nice dude.

I can relate to this, as there are a few times that I given a piece of music to my mother because she means so much to me.
It feels great doesn't it? :)

Your manliness is still intact.

However I'm still going to start a thread in which we can piece together this death metal masterpiece we have planned! :p

Rokket said:

Hold on...
I tweeked the 250 and 500hz ranges on the player and cleaned it up, so I guess there wasn't a mids problem, maybe too much fighting in the lows in your mix?

Still better musically than anything I can do...

Back