How a Vacuum Tube Is Made

Twinhit

You gotta speak up!
This is the kind of stuff that gets my blood pumpin'.

Think he could make a VF14 deserving of an "M"?

Dailymotion - Fabrication d'une lampe triode - une vidéo Tech & Science

His website: F2FO

I am just curious with the interest in that tube why no one has really attempted
to replicate it.
Thierch makes an M7 PVC capsule
Somebody or a collective collaboration of tube mic enthusiasts could invest in
a solid repop of that famous and now quite desireable tube.
Telefunken USA could carry the reproduced product. Not sure why they don't
actively pursue the reproduction of some of their namesakes' best historical tubes.

Maybe I am wrong, oui?

Wow Ben, that is cool. I just wish I had his work shop!

I've got a 1946 South Bend Heavy 10 lathe that would make some nice parts but alas, I have to let it go.
Long story don't want to go there but... yes that is a cool shop he's got goin' there.

It's late, and I need to get to bed. But I am not sleepy. Oh, I know, I'll just watch this vid. It ALWAYS puts me to sleep... zzzzzzz.

Never saw it before, Twinhit, but it moved soooo slowly! I really got sleepy, watching it. So, it really has put me to sleep, "every time" I watched it!:)

Well, regardless if it's a sweet lullaby or not, I personally find the subject intriguing.
Not just because it about tubes, but the amazing amount of work involved in that is "hand-made" as it were.
The art of fabrication and manufacturing is fast becoming lost on most Americans and the appreciation thereof
is self-evident. I cannot help but wonder how much longer the US can continue to export factories, close down vocational schools, lower aptitude standards, import to the hilt, glorify drugs, alcohol, and seedy entertainment as if there is no tommorrow and remain a strong nation.

Maybe my tastes and interests would kill most people but darned, I still enjoy learning something new even if
I don't get put whatever new knowledge I aquire to practical use at least it keeps my brain active.

Maybe that is how a nation can be conquered without firing a shot.
I heard it said that a rich nation will not last long. In all it's excesses, the people become complacent
and while the party wears on, the worker's skill and knowledge wears out then suddenly, the party's over.

There! That ought to put some of you to sleep.

Guess you're not the only one who enjoys seeing how things are made, there's a whole series on Discovery. Been watching episodes on Youtube. Great stuff. I will say I love the way the guy starts with the Swiss Army knife as if this is going to be vacuum tube making for the norb, then switches to the most esoteric shit I ever saw.

Back