House Mix Vs Stereo Pair

I recorded our Hymnfest Sunday afternoon. While my primary recording was done with a pair of B2's and a couple of close up cardiods capturing the choir "up close" through a Firepod into Audition. I also had a seperate recording going through the "house" system in the rear of the sanctuary. The house mix consisted mainly of 4 hanging cardiod choir mics and a couple spot mics near brass and piano. When I go it all home I brought up the session and began to rip the CD down to wav. I lined up the first downbeat perfectly but found after the first five minutes there was a disparity between the house and the AA live session. By the time I got to the last few numbers there was over a 3 second delay between the two. There were no breaks in either of the recordings they recorded the exact same concert. What gives. Is this a latency issue or more of a decoding from CDA issue? Does anyone have any experience with this?.....Turned out it wasn't that big a deal but it's always nice to have the exta vantage point there especially when it's a very dry upfront choir sound.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=4633&alid=1427

Back