Hopes Crumble To Dust, critique appreciated!

P-J

Rank Amateur
Hi all,

This is only my second mix and is a recording of a band that I'm in. I play drums, we have two guitarists, a bassist and a vocalist.

Please give critique and suggestions on the performance and mix :) There are a few un-rectifiable recording and performance issues which I'm sure will be raised :)

Much appreciated :)

Cool song.

typing along with it...

The intro is a little long, but I love the way the rhythm kicks in. I'd probably cut out a few measures here and there just to shorten it

The guitars have that typical 'wall of grit' distortion, which is cool imo, but could use a little more definition, I usually like em more harsh. Matter of opinion, though

Interesting break there, good songwriting... only comment would be to make it sit apart more from the rest of the song, either by changing the guitar tone, or maybe adding some pads. Cool buildup back into the song.

All in all, not bad. I could groove to it.

Sorry, but I'm not too experienced in the mixing department, so I'll leave that to the pros :)

Good luck with it

Hiya there.

Thanks for the comments, glad you like the song. We're working on the guitar tones at the minute ;) I think you're right about the intro too, a lot of listeners end up looking at their watch about two thirds of the way through so we'll definitely work on that.

The vocalist had to record in a fairly large room with a crappy mic so there's issues there too.

Thanks for the comments tho, will pass them on the the songwriter!

I agree the intro is just a bit to long...guitars sound really cool on my 'phones....really cool drums this has kinda a old school metal feel to it.Nice solo's ...good to hear that! There is something about the vocal "sound" that seems a bit out of place..not sure what it is...Acoustics sound cool, nice change!
Cool song man, I dug it!!

Back