Hoontech DSP24 & ADC DAC 2000 Help!

Nanahime

Hi there. My friend got the above unit, and we tried settting it up but we couldn't figure out how..
We installed the driver without any conflict in Win98 and boot up Cakewalk.. and I see all the inputs&outputs from 1-8 int. and ext.
and Outputs seem to be working from the Rack headphone and the line out of the DSP24 card no problems. but I can only use the line and mic input of the DSP24 card but not from any inputs on the Rack. is there any thing I gotta do to use inputs on the Rack? THanx.

On the internal mixer (double click the icon in your system tray) have you included the ADC&DAC 2000 box? It should give you four inputs to connect to the card plus the midi port.

Ditto. When you have them setup properly in the mixer app, you'll see red lights on each of the inputs on the breakout box. In fact, you DON'T want to use the line-in jack on the card at all. I can't say for Cakewalk, but in Nuendo, I have the card's line-in disabled (that's what it suggested in the manual).

RE:

Thanx for the replies!!
Now I can record and playback. but how can I monitor myself at recording? I can monitor from HeadPhone on the Rack, but not from the Speaker.
Now my speaker is connected to LineOut of the card. should I connect Out 1&2 of the Rack to the speaker instead??

Yep, connect your speaker to the output 1.

Out of curiousity, how have you connected the card to the outputs? I'm on about on the 'Internal Mixer' screen you can either connect the input connector to the output or the waveform connector. Let us know, or if anyone could lt me know.

I'm (I should say we) are a week or so infront, so let us know how you're getting on.

Threespire

There are a couple of ways to monitor...

1) If your recording app supports it, you should be able to monitor everything via the software, sending everything through the speakers. This isn't always the best choice though, because of latency (there's usually a lag from the time you play to the time you hear it through the speakers)

2) The other way is to use a mixer (even a small cheap one). This allows you to take advantage of the C-Port's zero-latency monitoring. You can use the software mixer to route the signal you're recording to the C-Port's outputs (I use 7 & 8 - just draw lines from the inputs to the outputs). I run that into the mixer with a split signal from the computer and just mix to taste without affecting the recorded signal.

Back