Hooking up Yorkville YSM1s...

CharleyBrown

Well, I just got my yorkville YSM1s in the mail yesterday...my only question is, since I got them used, Im not sure if they come with the manual...and also, the two connectors I don't believe I've seen before (I'm still very new to this). I am supposed to get my amp tomorrow, Alesis RA150 (I kno, everybody moan, it was all I could afford for a while), and I'm just wondering what kind of cables/wires I need to hook these two up to get my monitors to work with my set up...Also, is there a manual I should have? and if so, is there a place that I can download it from? Thanks.

-Charley

Those are banana lugs. If you unthread them a bit you'll notice a hole through each post. Slip the positive speaker wire through the hole in the post with the red "nut" and the negative wire through the one with the black one.

Track Rat said:
Those are banana lugs. If you unthread them a bit you'll notice a hole through each post. Slip the positive speaker wire through the hole in the post with the red "nut" and the negative wire through the one with the black one.

thanks, didn't even realize that...

anyone know where a good place to buy speaker wire at? I figure radio shack, but ugh@the thought of there. I like to use somewhat decent cables with my set up (all custom mogamis for my other ish)..

Back