Hooking up the PRESONUS CENTRAL STATION

Nick The Man

Hello to all! I am in the midst of changing up the way I route audio in my studio and the Presonus Central Station will be the center piece of it all. I just had a few questions before I go out and by one.

First of all, I will be buying the remote along with the unit. I want to know how the unit works with hooking up multiple sets up monitors. I have a pair of Event ASP8s and a JBL sub. Currently I have the outs of my system run to the ins of the JBL sub and then then through the internal crossover in the sub and out into my Event monitors. Now when I get the Central Station I would like to put the Events on channel A and the sub on channel C. So they won't be hooked through each other anymore. Which means I will not benefit from the crossover... what can I do about this? Or do I really need to by a crossover unit? If this is the case... for the time being I might just run the system the way I have it right now all on channel A!

Secondly, I will be using every input this thing can offer to me. TRS1 will be the output from my computer sound card. TRS2 will be the output from my TV. The RCA aux will be the output from all my miscellaneous video stuff. And then my question lies within the Digital Inputs. I run ProTools LE using a Digi 003. The plan is to run the 003's OPTICAL OUT to the TOSLINK IN on the Presonus and then when I'm running ProTools I will switch to the DIGITAL INPUT on the Central Station. Correct?

The big part of the equation is going to be properly calibrating the system. I prefer to run subs in parallel myself - But the calibration has to be very precise (of course, even when using the built-in crossovers calibration has to be very precise - but with matched systems, that's usually much easier to manage).

As far as the inputs, that's up to you. No doubt, I'd take advantage of the (rather freaking nice for the price) conversion in the PCS whenever possible.

Back