Hooking up Headphone Amp???

AumStudioBrian

I'm wondering how I should hook up my headphone amp to my mixer. I haven't tried yet, but if someone could explain how it works i'm sure it would save me a whole lotta trouble.

I have a Behringer HA4600 Powerplay Pro Headphone Amp, which has 4 headphone slots, and my console is a Behringer MX3282A Eurodesk, which is 24 channels with and 8 auxs. I don't even know where to begin to hook the thing up. I also have an 8 channel 1/4" balanced snake that I'll use to hook it up. Knowing this, can someone throw me some tips on how to hook it up?? I would greatly appreciate it--

(if necisarry to know, I run PC with Win XP, Cubase SX, and Echo Layla24 Soundcard)

Well say you have a 4 piece band; Vox, drums, guitar and bass.

Each person will want their own headphone mix. This will be possible only in the tracking stage.

Say you have all your instruments plugged in to the mixer. Use your Aux sends to send the signal to the headphone amp.

Send Aux send 1 to input 1 on amp , 2 to 2 and so on. As I said earlier because you are recording onto a computer and you soundcard will probably only have about 4 outs, 2 are probably going to your monitors then you wont be able to have seperate mixes.

Tukkis

Back