Home studio setup?

Fendercaster

Hi, I've had a Tascam 2488 for several years and have been using it without any external processors. I've recently gotten into a position where I can dedicate a room for my recording and have gotten some outboard gear based on the recommendations of members of the Tascam forum. My only problem us that I don't have a clue as to how to route/wire everything, I'm an absolute newbie here. I'm a guitarist, been playing in local country/classic rock bands for the last thirty years, so the extent of my knowledge is confined to stomp boxes and guitar rack effects.
The gear I've gotten is:

BBE 882 Sonic Maximizer
Behringer DEQ2496 Ultra Curve Pro
Behringer UB2442FX Pro mixer
Furman PL Plus Series II power conditioner
Fender RT-1000 rack tuner
Boss GT Pro multi effects
Roland GP-8 multi effects
Behringer T1952 tube compressor
dbx PB48 patch bay
TC Helicon Voiceprism vocal processor
12 over 16 space rack
color coded TRS patch cables

So, what do I do with this stuff? Any crucial piece of gear I'm missing? I'm not looking to sell my music, I just enjoy doing it for myself, friends and family. I truly enjoy tinkering with gadgets, getting this going will be a labor of love. Any help and advice you can give on how to set this stuff up will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Scott. (Fendercaster)

Hi, I've had a Tascam 2488 for several years and have been using it without any external processors. I've recently gotten into a position where I can dedicate a room for my recording and have gotten some outboard gear based on the recommendations of members of the Tascam forum. My only problem us that I don't have a clue as to how to route/wire everything, I'm an absolute newbie here. I'm a guitarist, been playing in local country/classic rock bands for the last thirty years, so the extent of my knowledge is confined to stomp boxes and guitar rack effects.
The gear I've gotten is:

BBE 882 Sonic Maximizer
Behringer DEQ2496 Ultra Curve Pro
Behringer UB2442FX Pro mixer
Furman PL Plus Series II power conditioner
Fender RT-1000 rack tuner
Boss GT Pro multi effects
Roland GP-8 multi effects
Behringer T1952 tube compressor
dbx PB48 patch bay
TC Helicon Voiceprism vocal processor
12 over 16 space rack
color coded TRS patch cables
QUOTE]

Ok, your going to route everything to the patch bay. basically any unit you want to be able to patch in, say for your behringer comp, than you'll just go outs to the patch bay, say to number 1 top, and the ins of it to number 1 bottom.., same thing with most of your gear, and on the mixer, each channel can go out to the patch bay the same way... then if you needed your comp, than patch out that channel, and into comp, out of comp out, into the channel.

Back