home studio and mobile pre usb ????

lesterpaul

i'm running cakewalk home studio ver 2. yesterday i purchased an M Audio mobile pre usb. now the latency is bad, my pc soundcard wasn't this bad,it has several different settings from very low to very high. the problem i have is when i record a track it only records to about 13 on the track meter (bar at top of trk) and i've noticed on other tracks that were already recorded it quits playing before it's done. also when i play back these tracks there is latency between the bar and the file i see, i thought latency was when you were actually tracking not during playback ....any help would be appreciated, thanks

Not sure what you are saying.

Are the meters inaccurate?

Are the tracks not lining up?

a track it only records to about 13 on the track meter (bar at top of trk)

This is not latency, it means you need to either adjust your pre's or play louder. Are you saying that the unit is cranked and you arent getting enough signal?

the problem i have is when i record a track it only records to about 13 on the track meter (bar at top of trk)

OK, I just looked up your USB pre. I have the firewire equivalent, m-audio firewire solo. Look it up, they are almost identical.

On mine, the pre is low as well. I have to stand fairly close to the mic to get the signal in a decent place. Likewise, the line inputs on back are the same. My synth (Roland JV1010) has a low output, so I cant get it to the desired place I want. I am not sure there is much you can do about it.

Out of curiousity, how does it sound? I am very happy with mine, its a huge improvement over my old Darla card.

Hi.

It's me again.

How are you? :p

OK, I just tested mine. If you say 13 on the led meter, I understand, this is about what I get, it depends on the mic actually.

The meter is a bit behind the sound, but really nothing I wouldnt expect. I am guessing that has to do with the video card, I have no clue. I dont expect it to be dead on, just close.

Under options/audio. my buffer setting is set to fast, 5.8 ms.

I am using an AMD Sempron3000 1.8 ghz, 512 ram. The project I have up has 14 tracks, a few plugins and its still liking me.

ok i may need to get my nomenclature right, my bad, i'm not referring to the level meter as in the metering the input signal, i'm speaking of the track pane where you actually see the audio wave, it may be the measure line, it will show audio up until the 13th bar, then nothing, but if i go to another track and let it play when it passes the audio that you can see, it still has sound coming out that is not shown in the track pane, i know this sounds confusing. basically it stops showing the audio when it gets past the 13th bar.

also when in playback the line that moves over the audio and essentially shows you where you're at, starts playing maybe 2 bars ahead of what you're hearing and seeing in the audio pane.....thanks for the help sorry for the confusion

Back