Home Studio 2002 XL

brzilian

Looks like Cakewalk has upgraded HS2002 as well! I just went to the site and HS2002XL is out. They've added more audio FX plugins as well as that DR-008SE DXi drum sampler/synth that they're bundling with Sonar 2.0

I think I'll put my order in tonight!! Its only $50 for registered HS2002 users.:D

brzilian, have you tried the Roland JV 1010? It is a sound module that has...
DavidK runs for cover. Hilarity is certain.

Well, got HS2002XL in the mail yesterday.

I was expecting to at least see a never program version (still shows 1.02 in the About window which tells me that if any Sonar 1.3.1 updates applied to HS2002, they didn't put them in there).

The new drumsynth/machine DXi plug-in is almost just a demo (comes with only 1 kit and 30 or so sounds - the full version will cost me another $99)

As far as addtional loops, there are maybe twice as many as what came with HS2002...

All in all, I'm having a hard time justifying the $50 I forked over for the XL version. I'm almost thinking about just going for Sonar instead...

I think Cakewalk missed the mark on this one.

brzilian - My first purchase from Cakewalk was Pro Audio 9 Deluxe (the equivalent to their XL versions now). It had mostly a bunch of crap in it, and since then I have avoided the XL's entirely and only bought the standard versions (i.e., Sonar 1 and Sonar 2). I was not the least bit disappointed by not having Sonar 1 XL, and I suspect I won't be with Sonar 2 either.

On a positive note, the fact that you got your HomeStudio upgrade maybe means my Sonar 2 is coming soon.

Back