home recording setup (help needed)

reeler78

hi everyone.could really use your help and advice.im just starting my first home studio on a small buget. had previously been recording vocals/electro acoustic and some keyboard direct into the pc line in and recording in cool edit pro 2.0.however want to start taking thing more seriously and would really appreciate if you could tell me if the equiptment listed below is decent enough to get me started and if ive missed any important piece of recording gear out which ill need to get me on the right track. ive already invested in the rode nt1a and did buy the tascams us144mk11 but had nothing but problems with it so got rid of the interface and thinking of this set up instead.would this setup below do a decent job? cheers:) rode nt1a
m audio profire 610 audio interace (firewire) and recording software
m audio bx5a studio monitors(active)
roland juno dm keyboard(prefer this aproach over midi controller)
ibanez ael20e electro acoustic
sony mdrv6 headphones
ill also be recording all my tracks one at a time if this helps.thanks again for any help.cheers

Well depending on the sources that your capturing, you may want to expand your microphone inventory a little bit, by adding a few dynamics (shure 57 or 58) and a couple of matching small diaphragm condensers. For beginners.
I'm sure that others will chime in with a few other favorite microphone suggestions.

:cool:

Back