hmmm... keyboard velocity curve

onlydude

Sup. Recently I bought a Evolution mk-461 http://www.evolution.co.uk/products/evo_mk461c.htm to use as my controller for reason (bought it new for 250$ a few months ago and wouldnt you know they dropped the price 100$... lol). The problem I am having is with the velocity curve. My old keyboard that I was using for a MIDI controller processed every key that I pressed, no matter how hard it was pressed, at the same velocity. The new keyboard has 16 different velocity curves that you can chose from. I have tried all of them and I cant get used to them, When I record somgthing in reason I have to go back and edit all the different velocity levels so each key isnt a different volume. I am wondering if anyone knows a way to have every key pressed processed at the same velocity in reason or if anyone had any suggestions for me. I love this keyboard but I cant get used to this damned curve crap :confused:

That's kinda funny.. I have the opposite problem. My keyboard only allows for the constant velocity recording. However, I think it would sound more expressive and natural to have velocity sensitive recordings.

Well it wouldnt be so bad if the velocity levels wernt soooo random. It is very very hard to keep a consistant volume when I am playing without pounding the shit out of the keyboard.

Back